Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Motley Crue: Live - Entertainment Or Death

 

I have been a die hard Motley Crue fan since I was in Jr. High, and Dr. Feelgood came out. I can remember my eyes being glued to the TV for a track from the Crue to come on. Luckily I never had to wait very long, because these guys were all over back in 1989. The first album I owned was their debut, "Too Fast For Love", and I played the hell out of that cassette. Now as an aging ginger-head man, I find myself loving the band just as much.

These days their live shows, and even the band itself, is covered in controversy. From backing tracks, to new guitarists, it seems like trashing this classic has been the internets favorite pass time. Say what you want about them now, I still love them. And I love their live shows, and so I figured it was finally time to pick up their first live album.

The first thing you need to know about this album is that it isn't just one live show, but many ranging from 1982, all the way through 1999. That being said, you know that this album is packed full of the songs that made Motley Crue one of the greatest hard-rock bands of all time. Hit after hit, this two CD set has something for nearly every era of the band. Sadly, the Corabi years were not represented here. But what is here are all of the band's biggest songs.

I don't know how much studio magic was used to clean these songs up, but whatever they did, to my ears this set sounds fantastic. Not a dud in the entire bunch. From "Live Wire", to "Primal Scream", the classic line-up of Motley Crue doesn't let me down for a single moment. This is a great set, and one I'm happy to finally have in my somewhat large collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Flower Kings: Stardust We Are

  "Stardust We Are" is the third studio album (fourth?) from prog-rock great, The Flower Kings. It is also their first double stud...