Thursday, August 15, 2024

Rob's Top 100 Albums of All Time (75 - 50)

 Welcome back, my friends. I didn't want my last post to get too long here, so I thought I would start a second post for the next 25 albums on my top 100 favorite albums of all time list. You'll see more prog-rock sneak into this part of my list, but they're all great albums, and I'm having such a great time listening to them all, as I post these short blurbs about each album. No more talking, let's get to it!

#75 - Avantasia: The Scarecrow (2008)

To me, this is symphonic metal at its finest. "The Scarecrow" is the first part of Tobias Sammet's "Wicked Trilogy". To me, this album is just perfection. There are so many great guests here. Bob Catley (MAGNUM), Amanda Somerville, Alice Cooper, and MIchael Kiske (Helloween) to name a few. The music is melodic, and heavy, and very symphonic, and a wonderful ride from start to finish. The title track is more than 11 minutes of pure brilliance, just to name one favorite. The other two albums in this trilogy are fantastic as well, but this part is my favorite. 

#74 - Def Leppard: Adrenalize (1992)

This was the album that introduced me to Def Leppard. I'm sure I most likely heard some stuff on the radio, but this is where I really started to love the band. Of course "Let's Get Rocked" was all over the place, but I think "Tear It Down" and the ballad ("Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad") are my favorites here. The entire album just sounds so powerful, and in your face. You just can't help but love the melodies, and instrumentation. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Rush: Test For Echo

  Rush: Test For Echo (1996) Way back in 1996, I was just starting my senior year of high school, when this album was released. How was that...