Friday, August 16, 2024

John Wetton: An Extraordinary Life

 

John Wetton: An Extraordinary Life

I'm a big fan of John Wetton's. For my money, there were few vocalists that could outdo what this man could do, all while playing the bass guitar. I've been a big fan of Asia for years, and own all of the albums. I also have John's work with UK, King Crimson, and Icon. But for some reason I never owned any of his solo albums. That was rectified with this beautifully done box set. Flipping through the extensive liner notes, and included booklet and I can't help but be a bit sad that he's gone. 

As I listen through to these albums for the first time, it occurs to me that I'm listening to new to me music from one of my all-time favorite musicians. I don't know how I missed out on these albums for so long, but I'm so happy to be hearing it. There will never be a musician like John, and I'm happy to honor his memory by listening to his music. He'll always be missed, but never forgotten.

Kudos to everyone that was involved with this phenomenal box set. And Rest In Peace to John. Thanks for the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rush: Test For Echo

  Rush: Test For Echo (1996) Way back in 1996, I was just starting my senior year of high school, when this album was released. How was that...