Thursday, September 5, 2024

Ozzy Osbourne: Diary of A Madman

 

Ozzy Osbourne: Diary of A Madman
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the world's biggest Ozzy fan, though I would never deny his talent, or his incredible vocals. Since I felt in the mood to hear some Ozzy this morning, I sort of just closed my eyes and pointed at a CD, and pulled that one out.

"Diary of A Madman" was his second solo release, way back in 1981. If you said you'd never heard anything from this album, I would assume you're lying. This disc is full of hits, and forgotten classics. Of course "Over the Mountain", "Flying High Again", and the amazing title track are pretty well known, but for my money, I think that "Little Dolls" should have been a hit. The guitars alone on this track give me goosebumps every time. What a great tune that is. And since I'm a sucker for a power ballad, I gotta say what a great tune "Tonight" is as well.

I'm not sure where I would rank this one in the Ozzy catalog, as I'm not familiar enough with it all to rank anything, but I will say that every time I put this one on, I am highly entertained. This is a fantastic disc, and one that any rock or metal fan should have in their collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rush: Test For Echo

  Rush: Test For Echo (1996) Way back in 1996, I was just starting my senior year of high school, when this album was released. How was that...