Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Rush: Roll the Bones

 

Rush: Roll the Bones (1991)

Released on this day back in 1991, this is the first album to come out after I became a die hard fan of the band. I was in the 7th grade, and after seeing the band on their PRESTO tour, I was excited for this one. After hearing both "Dreamline", and the title track on the radio I was more than ready to hear the rest of the album.

This one is in my top five favorite Rush albums, with songs like "Heresy", "You Bet Your Life", "Bravado", and "Face Up" high up in my favorite Rush song list. Though to be honest, there isn't a single song here that I don't love. And let's not forget the band's first instrumental track in a decade, "Where's My Thing (Part IV: Gangster of Boats Trilogy)" comes a mere ten years after "YYZ".

The tour was nothing short of phenomenal, with a really cool closing medley that consisted of "2112: Overture", "Finding My Way " (the last tour to ever feature that song!), "La Villa Strangiato", "Anthem", and "Red Barchetta". I'll never forget that show, as it was pure magic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rush: Test For Echo

  Rush: Test For Echo (1996) Way back in 1996, I was just starting my senior year of high school, when this album was released. How was that...