Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Lady Gaga: The Fame Monster (Deluxe)

 

Rob's Crazy Trip Through Apple Music's Top 100 Albums List:
089 - Lady Gaga: The Fame Monster (Deluxe Edition)

Lady Gaga is an artist I am familiar with, and I find her to be pretty talented, she's just outside any of the genres I generally listen to. When I saw that the version of the album on this list was a two disc, I was a bit sad. That's a lot of extra Gaga to sit through. 

First thing, there are some great melodies on this album, and I am a sucker for a good vocal melody. The problem is that this album just feels so repetitive. I guess that's the point, since it is dance music, but I just was not feeling this album. That's not to say there weren't any redeeming tracks. "Speechless" was a fantastic song. It had an old, classic rock sort of feel. "Brown Eyes" was a great tune as well.

The album was not bad. As a whole, it was entertaining, this just isn't my type of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rush: Test For Echo

  Rush: Test For Echo (1996) Way back in 1996, I was just starting my senior year of high school, when this album was released. How was that...