Friday, June 21, 2024

Helmet: Meantime

 


Here's one I haven't played in a very long time. At least a couple decades. It's crazy how much of it that I still remember. When many bands were jumping on the grunge wagon, I feel like this album did something different, and I don't care for the comparisons to Nirvana. 

Some favorites here are "Unsung" (I mean, of course this one is a favorite, it was many people's intro the band), album opener "In the Meantime", "Ironhead (this gets the nod for that guitar solo alone), and "Turned Out". But honestly, you can't go wrong with any of these tunes. This album is heavy, and a great listen. Hopefully I don't wait another twenty years to give it another listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rush: Test For Echo

  Rush: Test For Echo (1996) Way back in 1996, I was just starting my senior year of high school, when this album was released. How was that...