Friday, May 24, 2024

Burial: Untrue



Rob's Crazy Trip Through Apple Music's Top 100 Albums List:
094 - Burial: Untrue

This is the first album on the list that I had never heard of. I didn't know a thing about this album when I pushed play. To be honest, I really don't get how this is on this list, and so many other greats aren't. But, it's not my list, so I guess I had to check it out. The first track really is nothing, just some wind. So I'll call "Archangel" the first track. It's a very electronic percussion driven song, with some oddly disjointed vocals thrown in. And from there, another song played, but I didn't realize it. 

It's an album full of very repetitive percussion, and soundscapes. I didn't hate it, but I can't imagine I'd put it on again. Like, who makes these lists? I don't get it. Nor do I understand how this makes the list when so many better albums don't. I get that the artist was creating something for himself, and I applaud his ambition, but again, this album is just not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rush: Test For Echo

  Rush: Test For Echo (1996) Way back in 1996, I was just starting my senior year of high school, when this album was released. How was that...