Friday, May 24, 2024

Usher: Confessions


Rob's Crazy Trip Through Apple Music's Top 100 Albums List:
095 - Usher: Confession

Okay, so I'll admit now, this is the first album that I was genuinely dreading. What I have heard from it (and it has sadly been a few tracks), I have never cared for. Still, I'm a professional, and have to suck it up, and power through this one. 

After a brief intro, we get to one of the songs I don't want to hear, "Yeah!". Just as I thought, this song still does not resonate with me. The title track has a good vocal melody, and I like the music, but the lyrics are just so annoying. Immediately following that is the second part of the title track, and I know this one. And once again, I wish I didn't. I think my biggest gripe about this album is that he oversings. Like, just take it down a notch, Mr. ADHD, and let the song breathe a bit. That, and it seems like he really just likes to break up with people... a lot.  

Sorry, Usher, but this album is full of misses for me. I listened to the entire album, in the hopes that I would find something that I enjoyed, but it's just not for me. There are some great vocal melodies, but I just don't care for the music they are put to. No offense to those that like it. My confession: this album made me want to go all Thomas James on a bees nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Flower Kings: Stardust We Are

  "Stardust We Are" is the third studio album (fourth?) from prog-rock great, The Flower Kings. It is also their first double stud...