Friday, May 24, 2024

Lorde: Pure Heroine


Rob's Crazy Trip Through Apple Music's Top 100 Albums List:
096 - Lorde: Pure Heroine 

Next up on the list is an album by Lorde. Unlike the two other non-rock albums on the list so far, I have heard some of this one ("Royals" in particular, a song I really don't care for). The album is a bit on the mellow side, but that's a good thing for the most part, although I did have moments of wishing that it would pick up the pace a bit. 

I've always loved her voice, even if the music isn't my usual go to. It's a nice pop oriented set of tunes, with lyrics that actually mean something more to me than some of the other albums from this genre. There are moments on the album that are pure brilliance, and I really enjoy this one as a whole. That being said, there are some moments I really don't care for (like the weird repeated "Yeah" during "Tennis Court". 

Overall, while I did enjoy it, I'm not sure if I'll return to this one. It's not bad, just drags a bit for me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna take a bit of a nap before the next album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meat Loaf: Bat(s) Out of Hell

  If you listen to rock music, there's a very good chance you've heard music from Meat Loaf. And chances are that the song you heard...