Friday, May 24, 2024

Rage Against the Machine: Self-Titled

Rob's Crazy Trip Through Apple Music's Top 100 Albums List:
097 - Rage Against the Machine: Self-Titled

Once again, I continue on through the list by following up something I don't exactly know, with something that I know, and love. From the first song, "Bombtrack", all the way through to the end, this is an album full of classic metal songs! Tom Morello is an amazing guitar player (and so insanely creative/innovative), and that shines through on every song. But it's the rhythm section that really drives this fantastic album, for me. As far as I'm concerned, Tim Commerford, and Brad Wilk do not get enough recognition for being incredible musicians. And while I'm not usually into the yelling sort of style of vocals, Zack de la Rocha delivers the goods. This album is complete perfection. 

I'm glad that it was put on this list, because I needed some metal this morning. For a debut album, it's angry (which I typically don't care for), it's raw, and it's a lot of fun. Obviously I'll play this album again, and I'll love it like the first time, each and every time I play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meat Loaf: Bat(s) Out of Hell

  If you listen to rock music, there's a very good chance you've heard music from Meat Loaf. And chances are that the song you heard...