Friday, May 24, 2024

Travis Scott: Astroworld


Rob's Crazy Trip Through Apple Music's Top 100 Albums List:
098 - Travis Scott: Astroworld

This is the first one I was worried about. I am not a big rap fan, so this is the first album on the list that is completely out of my comfort zone. That being said, right off the bat, the vocals are kind of annoying me. It's full of auto tune, which I'm not a huge fan off. When he sings, I do enjoy his vocals, which kind of surprised me. There are some decent melodies here, though, and I really enjoy some of the music. So it's not all bad. 

Lyrically is where I struggle the most.  Maybe it's because this is not my usual genre, but some of the lyrics really are awful. There are some pretty cringy lines here, and why does he think he's "my boy"? He's really not. All kidding aside, I think if he would sing/rap less, the music would be pretty chill to listen to. I really enjoyed a lot of that aspect of the album. Standouts would be "Sicko Mode", & "Wake Up" (though some of the lyrics were VERY cringy). 

Overall, I enjoyed parts of the album. There were a few times I really wanted to stop it, but I made it through the disc. I can't promise I'll play it again, but I'm not angry that I played it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Flower Kings: Stardust We Are

  "Stardust We Are" is the third studio album (fourth?) from prog-rock great, The Flower Kings. It is also their first double stud...