Monday, May 27, 2024

George Michael: Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. 1


Rob's Crazy Trip Through Apple Music's Top 100 Albums List:
091 - George Michael: Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. 1

This is an artist that I have spent much of my life avoiding, but I really couldn't tell you why. To be honest I have liked the majority of music I've heard from him. The first track was so good, I just had to keep going. I mean, that and the fact that I don't want to cheat my way through this challenge. 

The writing on this album is so well done, and he's got such a charasmatic voice, there really was nothing to not love here. "Something To Save", and "Mothers Pride" were pure beauty, with a beautifully played piano performance. The album is rooted in pop-rock, but there's a bit more going on than that; "Cowboys And Angels" is a sort of jazzy-swing song, "They Won't Go When I Go" is a piano driven ballad. I think "Waiting For the Day" is the stand out track for me, a very nice ballad, with some organs, and fantastically delivered vocals. 

I would say that I'll play this again some day, though I can't promise when. This was a good album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Flower Kings: Stardust We Are

  "Stardust We Are" is the third studio album (fourth?) from prog-rock great, The Flower Kings. It is also their first double stud...