Monday, May 27, 2024

Tyler, the Creator

 

Rob's Crazy Trip Through Apple Music's Top 100 Albums List:
092 - Tyler, the Creator: Flower Boy

Let me start this off by saying that I did not hate this album. I was prepared to, as I really don't think I care much for rap, but for some damn reason this sort of clicked with me. There were moments I didn't really care for, but it was a decent listen. As far as rappers go, I guess he must be good to be on this list. 

There was plenty of singing here, and he (or whoever is doing the singing) has a pretty good voice. I will admit that the "N" word was thrown around so much, I had to have headphones on, but I always have headphones on. 

There were some really nice moments on the album, "See You Again" was a particularly good song, that I could see putting on a playlist. "Boredom" was pretty good as well. I think "I Ain't Got Time!" was my favorite; it felt heavier than the rest of the album, though "Enjoy Right Now, Today" was a good, chill closing track. Again, 

I came into this album not expecting much, but I enjoyed much of it. I may play it again, I may not. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Flower Kings: Stardust We Are

  "Stardust We Are" is the third studio album (fourth?) from prog-rock great, The Flower Kings. It is also their first double stud...