Friday, May 24, 2024

Robyn: Body Talk

Rob's Crazy Trip Through Apple Music's Top 100 Albums List:
100 - Robyn: Body Talk

The journey of 100 albums starts with Robyn's "Body Talk" album. Who is Robyn? I honestly have no idea. Straight off, I do enjoy the vocals. She's got a great voice. The music is very electronic, and poppy, but I rather enjoyed it. 

"Dancing On My Own" started the album, and hooked me from the start. I've always liked a bit of pop. Though I have to say that I wanted to stop the album at "Don't Fucking Tell Me What To Do" (I mean, it really was awful!), and "We Dance To the Beat" (the "vocals" got irritating, but there were some musical ideas that I did enjoy), but I made it through the entire thing, and found a few songs to enjoy ("Dancing On My Own", and "In My Eyes" were the standouts). There were times that the music felt a bit repetitive and irritating, but overall it was a decent listening experience. 

Would I ever play it again? Well, maybe. I mean, Snoop did show up, and Snoop is bad-ass (even if the lyrics of the track he's on were a bit rough). I always say to try everything twice, so who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meat Loaf: Bat(s) Out of Hell

  If you listen to rock music, there's a very good chance you've heard music from Meat Loaf. And chances are that the song you heard...